With a deadline fast approaching, TTI is prepared to assist districts; helping all staff and each community feel as comfortable as possible and to provide professional consulting during these confusing and anxious times. TTI can provide training, planning, oversight and cleaning efficacy testing in response to this pandemic.
For the official NJ document click here – https://www.nj.gov/education/reopening/NJDOETheRoadBack.pdf
|EACH SCHOOL DISTRICT MUST ADOPT CLEANING/DISINFECTING PROCEDURES.|
- School districts must continue to adhere to existing required facilities cleaning practices and procedures, and any new specific requirements of the local health department as they arise.
- School districts must also develop a schedule for increased routine cleaning and disinfecting, especially of frequently touched surfaces and objects, and sanitize bathrooms daily and between use as much as possible.
- Increase frequency of cleaning all surfaces, including walls (to the appropriate height based on age of students).
- Cleaning and disinfecting a school building after a person has been identified as COVID-19 It may be necessary to provide additional training to the personnel responsible for cleaning and sanitizing school buses.
TTI is conducting Efficacy Cleaning consulting and testing. We are staying informed of the constant guidance being released by the CDC and other resources and are helping school districts prepare for re-opening their school buildings. We are fully equipped with ATP testing equipment.
- ATP Bioluminescence Swab Testing of student desks provided useful Quantitative data for cleaning efficacy.
- The studies show that ATP reduction directly correlates with virus reduction following systematic cleaning.
- Occupancy has an impact on air borne bacterial communities while timing of increased ventilation and cleaning can reduce resuspension.
|CLEANING THE SCHOOL|
- Did you develop a cleaning procedure and has this been updated to reflect the latest science?
- Has the cleaning staff been trained on the new cleaning procedure (did you document)?
- Is there a check list that being followed, are you performing audits?
- What chemicals are being used and has the staff been given Hazard Communication training for that type chemical? Is your RTK updated and do you have the Safety Data Sheets for the new chemicals?
- Are the chemicals being used listed on the approved list and are product’s label directions being followed?
- Did you do any testing to confirm cleaning effectiveness?
|RETURNING TO SCHOOL|
- Repetitive daily cleaning procedures/deep cleaning frequency.
- Protecting staff & occupants
- Reactive cleaning & disinfection
- Someone is sick or tested positive, how to react (close a room/when to clean), notification procedure.
Our team continuously monitors the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and we have taken a proactive approach in protecting our own team so we can continue to serve our clients.
We can help review plans and provide a third-party oversight to boost assurance in all parties involved.
As a long time, trusted New Jersey school partner since 1985, we are here to help ensure confidence in your efforts and prepare you for the return.