TTI Environmental is seeking a Technical Report Writer. This position is responsible for creating, producing, standardizing, and maintaining technical documentation for client projects as well as supporting business processes through process review. This need is associated with deliverables with project varying from short reporting memos to large technical reports which include data input, computations and proper technical structure. Must be flexible and responsive and have demonstrated ability to work within set schedules and timeframes. Highly motivated individual with ability to quickly grasp software and technical processes. This position may report to Directors of various departments, but with a primary focus on Industrial Hygiene.
This is a part time position with possible opportunity/flexibility to work alternate hours. Additional time as workload and deadlines require.
- Conduct requirements and/or data gathering with subject matter experts to create/write reports.
- Maintain the document control and production process, performing all QA for deliverables.
- Coordinate activities required to ensure the accuracy and adequacy of each document, including in-process and final reviews, editing for compliance with all applicable specifications and standards, and change verification.
- Responsible for the scheduled routine update of all technical product documentation.
- Complete all projects within the established schedules and budgets.
- Conduct gap analyses, document and communicate findings with recommendations for next steps
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously while working independently and with other team members.
- Complete weekly status report detailing priorities, items completed, items pending, and items requiring escalation.
Requirements – Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English/Communications or a technical discipline and 4+ years of experience working as a Technical Writer.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Suite and Office 365. High proficiency, accuracy and speed in data entry.
- CAD experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and general business communication skills.
- Self- starter with ability to work independently but also have a strong team mentality.
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks in a deadline driven environment and communicate regularly with program manager to assess workload.
- Experience with researching and gathering relevant technical data from multiple subject matter experts such as engineers or project managers as well as from internal documents.
- Experience with technical documentation specifications, standard operating procedures, workflow documentation, and file specifications a must.
TTI is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org