After two years of study and revision, the Steel Tank Institute announces SP001 Standard for the Inspection of Aboveground Storage Tanks 6th Edition, and SP031 Standard for the Repair of Shop-Fabricated Aboveground Storage Tanks, 5th Edition.
Highlights of the revised standards include:
- A new Appendix was added to include inspections of heated thermoplastic liquids storage up to 500oF. This appendix is aimed at inspections of asphalt tanks.
- The maximum specific gravity of the stored liquid was removed from the scope.
- Inspection guidelines are now provided for steel diked tanks and concrete-encased shop-fabricated tanks.
- Suitability guidelines for continued service of double-wall tanks and concrete-encased shop-fabricated tanks are now provided.
- Monthly and annual checklists were revised.
- The safety considerations and welding sections were revised.
For more information visit http://www.steeltank.com/SP001StandardFAQs/tabid/463/Default.aspx