The API 570 Certified Inspector is responsible for performing inspections in accordance with API standards designated equipment for purposes of recommending and approving repairs or certifying compliance. The API Inspector will report to a project manager who will establish clear expectations in terms of client needs, project scope, timelines and inspection deliverables. Ability to collaborate with the project manager to organize, prioritize, and execute a heavy work load.
This is a contracted position for month long projects in Michigan and Texas.
- Performs or assists in the completion of API 570 Piping Inspections.
- Review P&ID’s and ability to sketch piping circuits for transfer to CAD drawings.
- Understands and utilizes safe work practices
- Maintain time-sheets and submit as required.
Required Experience/Skills and Credentials:
- Current API 570 certification required
- Personnel must be able to present themselves in a professional manner to the project manager and customers at all levels.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information, orally and in writing, in a timely manner.
- Willingness to travel on out-of-town assignments
- Formal training in nondestructive testing required
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER and confined space training required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College education a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record